2004 Oct 31 20:49

Re: [vox-tech] DMA conflict

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:

> Also, the tuner on my card that is autodetected is the wrong one because
> the channels are offset, so I need to manually argue for a different
> tuner. There is nothing in /etc/modprobe.d/ about bttv, or my NIC or
> SCSI controller for that matter. I suppose the NIC module is called when
> bringing up network interfaces, and the SCSI controller module is called
> when bringing up drives, but when is bttv called? How do I give
> arguments to it? Thanks in advance.

You can pass arguments to bttv from /etc/modules, /etc/modules.conf, or
/etc/conf.modules, depending on which distribution you use.

I had the same problem and I added some option (dont' remember which -
google for it) to /etc/modules and it fixed the channel issue.
Alternatively, you can tell xawtv that you're on canadian frequency... =P

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius