2004 Oct 16 17:38

Re: [vox-tech] Configuring Multiple Apache Instances

Re: [vox-tech] Configuring Multiple Apache Instances

Rod Roark wrote:
On Saturday 16 October 2004 04:01 pm, Jay Strauss wrote:

Hi,

I want to run 2 apache2 instances on a single box, NOT 2 virtual hosts. Why, because they need to have different configurations.

Apache is very flexible... different how?
Well, I'd like to have 2 apaches running one for my brother to develop against, and one for me to monkey with configurations, install other software and stuff without disrupting him, while I bring the server up and down.

Also, I'd like one instance to include one set of a directory structures , and another one to include a different set. Like including my perl libs in one apache, and my brother's development perl libs in another.

I just do a apachectl and pass in a different httpd.conf file?

Yes, or whatever comes naturally for your distribution.
Check /etc/init.d/httpd or whatever.
I just installed from source. But I don't see any way to pass in a different httpd.conf

Thanks
Jay