2004 Oct 07 10:12

Re: [vox-tech] accessing a UC Davis Restricted Document

Re: [vox-tech] accessing a UC Davis Restricted Document

On Oct 7, 2004, at 12:05 AM, Bryan Richter wrote:
This is the process for Firefox 0.9.3 and Konqueror 3.3: When I click the login
button, I am directed to a page informing me that the document is restricted and
I need to sign in with my UCD loginID and Kerberos password. So, I click
'continue' and fill out the form. When I press 'ok', the information page (still
displayed) is simply reloaded. This is not what used to happen, nor what should
happen.
Check the cookie settings. It would not surprise me at all if the kerberos tokens were implemented on top of cookies, and that would require that cross domain cookies be enabled (the "Authentication ticket" from the Ticket Server must be passed to the "Application Server", etc.... if I remember Kerberos correctly.) Anyway, if you have cross-domain cookies blocked, or if you have blocked cookies altogether (from that site.... when the little dialog comes up that says "Accept/Reject cookie", there is a checkbox for "Apply this decision to all cookies from this site".. so you can ban certain sites altogether.

-- Mitch