2004 Oct 04 12:18

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Eureka!

Okay, I'm making MPEG4 (Bill Broadley suggested that's suitable, rather
than needing to use MPEG2), and got them 1/2 size and running at the
original 'real life' speed.  (xvidcap only seemed to capture about 5-6fps)

  $ mencoder foo.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -vop scale=320:240 \
  -sws 2 -fps 5 -ofps 25 -oac copy -o foo2.avi

I also discovered xvidcap had made AVIs.  Oops, sorry! :^)

  $ file foo.avi
  foo.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 654 x 516, >30 fps, video:

A lot of those mencoder options were ones from "zmencoder.sh", a shell
script by someone called "Onyx4" that converts files down to a size,
bitrate and brightness suitable for playback on the Sharp Zaurus. :^)

Yay! :)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!