2004 Oct 02 17:44

Re: [vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

Re: [vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<snip>
Jon, your xlib calls are:

   XRaiseWindow(Display *display, Window w);

   XLowerWindow(Display *display, Window w);

Finally got around to trying this, and it does work directly in "simple" windows managers (tested in openbox). However, it doesn't quite work in KDE. Rather than the window coming to the top, the window's entry in the taskbar just flashes at me. A little googling tells me something about the "override-redirect attribute" and that it might help if it was set to true. I tried this, and now nothing happens with the window at all. :( Here is the relevant code:

Display *dpy;
Window win;
<code to get dpy and win>
// set the override-redirect attribute to True
XSetWindowAttributes set_att;
set_att.override_redirect = 1;
XChangeWindowAttributes( dpy, win, CWOverrideRedirect, &set_att);
XRaiseWindow( dpy, win );

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,
Jonathan