2004 Sep 30 09:33

Re: [vox-tech] openoffice stopped printing

On Thu 30 Sep 04,  7:56 AM, Ken Herron <kherron+lugod@fmailbox.com> said:
> --On Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:23:31 AM -0400 Peter Jay Salzman
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Openoffice no longer prints anything, and I'm at a complete loss on how
> >to diagnose the problem.
>
> OO comes with a utility called "spadmin" which is used to set up the
> printers that OO will offer to you. If you run that, you can see and edit
> the command that OO runs to print. The default is probably "lpr" with no
> arguments.
>
> --
> Ken Herron

Ken, one question for you.

Is there anything you DON'T know?   :-)   Seriously, I'm really glad you're
on this list!  :)

Unfortunately, everything looked fine, but this is definitely a tidbit of
knowledge that I want to keep tucked away for another rainy day.  I'm a
little miffed that something like this didn't make it into the application
menubar.   :(  Definitely thank you for this tidbit!

But even more unfortunately, I *just* read Henry's reply.  Argh.  Debian
testing two years ago used to be rock solid and really, well, stable.  It's
been getting more and more "testing" as time goes on.  Maybe this time I'll
stick with Sarge when it becomes stable.  :(

Henry, suboptimal is right!  :(   I think I'll save to pdf and print using
acroread.   Neither method is optimal, but installing new software is less
palatable...

Pete