2004 Sep 29 15:45

Re: [vox-tech] Problem with crond? -- RESOLVED (kinda)

Re: [vox-tech] Problem with crond? -- RESOLVED (kinda)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
"Richard S. Crawford (ww)" <rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

> It seems to be working.  The cronjob is running every five minutes,
> and the e-mails are being sent.  The problem now is that they're being
> sent about half an hour after they're supposed to be sent, which
> puzzles me.

I'm having trouble contacting the listed URL in a timely fashion. Is
that perhaps the problem?

[bloom@kabloom ~]$ wget -O /dev/null \
http://152.79.198.89/moodle/cron.php
--15:34:36--  http://152.79.198.89/moodle/cron.php
           => `/dev/null'
Connecting to 152.79.198.89:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...

(and it's still awaiting response a few minutes later)

"All the spots [of tzarat] that a man sees on others, are his own."
 -- from the Mishna, as interpreted according to the Ba'al Shem Tov