2004 Sep 29 15:09

Re: [vox-tech] Problem with crond?

--On Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:44:24 -0700 "Richard S. Crawford" <rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

I'm trying to get a wget command to execute every five minutes.  crontab
-e looks like this:

*/5 * * * * wget -q -O /dev/null http://152.79.198.89/moodle/cron.php

Running the wget command from the command line performs the action
properly, but it doesn't seem to be happening every five minutes as it's
supposed to.  I've double checked my crontab command and verified that
crond is running (with ps) but it doesn't seem to be working.
Cron should log every command that it runs through syslog. First thing would be to see if cron is actually launching the command on schedule or not.

In my experience, the usual reason that commands work interactively but not from cron is that they depend on something in your interactive environment. Perhaps wget isn't in the PATH that cron uses, or it requires some environment variable to be set?

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kenneth.Herron@mci.com v658-5894 916-569-5894