2004 Sep 29 17:32

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:48:41AM -0700, Ted Deppner wrote:

No, but have you tried using -ofps on the mencoder command line yet?

I tried -fps (trying to say 'this is the fps of the original'),
-ofps, and combining the two. :)

Didn't follow too closely, but it seems like you want to change the frame rate of an mpeg movie. I looked into it awhile back and found I have more control if I converted to an avi file instead. Here is the command I use (using transcode instead of mencoder):

transcode -i [mpgfile] -y xvid -f 10 -o [avifile]

This gives my exactly 10 fps (slow, but I that's what I wanted). Awhile back I tried doing the same with mencoder but was getting segmentation faults. I should try again since there has been a few version upgrades.

HTH,
Jonathan