January 6: Social gathering
2004 Sep 29 11:25

Re: [vox-tech] Does anyone use Clara OCR?

På tisdag, 28 september 2004, skrev Jan W:
> I tried it out.  Wasn't all that great.  That was maybe 2 years ago.
> Haven't checked it out since then.  It had some sort of learning
> function that had to be 'trained'.  Really wasn't viable for our OCR
> needs, so I haven't looked at it for awhile.  You also might look at
> j/gocr at:

I usually use gocr for scanned documents. It is reasonably sucessful if the
resolution is high and the letters are crisp (inkjet printouts are
problematic). But it does not work at all on low-resolution faxes. Hence my
interest in a trainable OCR program.

--
Henry House