2004 Sep 24 12:40

Re: [vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 11:24:21AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Is there a command I can run from commandline, say from an xterm
> (actually konsole), to select a certain window in an X-session (actually
> KDE) and push it to the top?  I'm doing some scripting and have a
> command which essentially seems to do a screen capture.  I want it to
> capture the contents of a certain window, but that window must be on
> top, of course, not hiding behind another window.

I don't have KDE in front of me right now, but I'm guessing there's
probably a dcop message you can send either to the app, or to the kwin
process.

Just guessing, but something along the lines of:

  dcop app app-mainwindow\#1 show

Where app is the app in question.
Maybe poke at the kdcop GUI interface to the dcop's of the running apps.

Good luck!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!