2004 Sep 24 09:22

Re: [vox-tech] Spammers using my server

--On Friday, September 24, 2004 07:50:13 -0700 "Ehrhart, Jay" <ehrhart@ycoe.org> wrote:

The non-deliverable reports are coming from my Linux apache user.
Non-deliverables usually come from root.  I am running apache on the
server
with forms.  The forms software is the latest version and patches.
The simplest explanation is that something in the web server is being used to send this email. An insecure cgi-bin script, for example. I would start by looking at the web server's access log for suspicious accesses. It would help if you could identify the exact time some of this mail appeared on your system, and then looked for web accesses around the same time.