2004 Sep 22 20:04

[vox-tech] Wierd DNS problems

I've got accounts on two machines.  One in NJ, and the other in CA.

Both machines use the same nameservers:

   nameserver 68.39.224.5
   nameserver 68.39.224.6

The machine in NJ can't connect to the webserver of www.mccc.edu.  I get a
"host not found" message (it worked yesterday).

However, the machine in CA can connect to the webserver at www.mccc.edu just
fine.

On the machine in NJ:

   p@gabriel$ nslookup
   > www.mccc.edu
   Server:         68.39.224.5
   Address:        68.39.224.5#53

   Non-authoritative answer:
   www.mccc.edu    canonical name = tecoma.mccc.edu.
   Name:   tecoma.mccc.edu
   Address: 198.133.170.1

On the machine in CA:

   p@satan$ nslookup
   > www.mccc.edu
   ;; reply from unexpected source: 68.39.224.6#53, expected 68.39.224.5#53
   ;; Warning: ID mismatch: expected ID 24744, got 39611

Can anyone guess why the disparity?  AFAIK, there are no other DNS problems
on the machien in CA...

Pete