January 6: Social gathering
2004 Sep 22 08:59

Re: [vox-tech] gnuplot help: removing unwanted tickmarks

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 16:04, Henry House wrote:
> I have a graph, made in gnuplot. It has dollars on the left Y axis and
> acres on the right Y axis. Both Y independent Y axes are plotted against a
> common X axis. Unfortunalely, the tickmarks from the left axis appear on
> both sides of the plot, so the right side has two sets of tickmarks, one
> bogus. I don't know how to remove the unwanted tickmarks from the right
> side. Can anyone help?
>
> The gnuplot script and data file are attached.
I used to use gnuplot quite a bit but I never tried this
arrangement before so this is just a guess. I notice that
you have a set y2tics with no parameters and then set y2tics
with  parameters. Is this a typo? If did have a set ytics maybe it
would override some default behavior.

Richard Harke