2004 Sep 11 14:21

Re: [vox-tech] mysql 4 questions [solved]

Re: [vox-tech] mysql 4 questions [solved]

on 04.9.10 5:28 PM, Rod Roark at rod@sunsetsystems.com was reported to have
writen:

> On Friday 10 September 2004 02:36 pm, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
>> EXPLAIN SELECT [a bunch of columns]
>> FROM UDC
>> WHERE UDC.year IN ('2000') AND county_cd IN ('28') AND UDC.chem_code IN
>> ('198');
>
> See what happens if you use '=' instead of 'IN' (and remove
> the parentheses).
>
> -- Rod

Thanks Rod. I actually found out (thanks to Richard the IT guy in our dept.
) that i was missing an obvious index on the YEAR column...

Sometimes it takes an  outside party to point out the obvious...

Dylan