2004 Aug 25 19:34

[vox-tech] Cyrus-imap and qmail

Hi All:

I am trying to paste together this email system on FC2, and I have hit a snag:

I have qmail running and configured and accepting mail.

I have cyrus-imapd running and happy.

I have a nice little wrapper script to deliver mail from qmail into cyrus
mailboxes (qmail2cyrus).

The problem comes when I am trying to deliver from qmail to the cyrus
mailboxes, I get an error of:  cannot deliver to mailbox: permission denied.

more precisely:

deferral: couldn't_connect_to_lmtpd:_Permission_denied_/
421_4.3.0_deliver:_couldn't_connect_to_lmtpd_/

I am not sure why deliver is giving me permission denied.  I am still hunting
for the answer, but I was hoping someone would know something more than i do
about this.  Should I run the qmail2cyrus as root or cyrus or qmail?  I'll keep
hunting, but if anyone could give a bit of advice... it would be vastly
appreciated.

--tia

jan

=====
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders
of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple
matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism,
and exposing the country to greater danger.
     --Hermann Goering