January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 25 00:08

Re: [vox-tech] dimension 8100 jumper reset

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:48:14AM -0700, David Siedband wrote:
> I have a dell dimension 8100 that I just migrated a bunch of components
> into, audio and video cards, DVD drive and CD-RW drive.  I also
> temporarily took the RAM out and gave the whole thing a good cleaning
> with compressed air.  When I put it back together it purrs to life, but
> there's no video signal.  I know the card is good and that I didn't
> bang anything around when I was working on it.  I think I need to reset
> a jumper setting somewhere, possibly to flash the nvram.  Does anyone
> have experience with this mobo, or know of a good online reference for
> jumper settings?

Does this machine have onboard video ?  If so, take care that you did
npt plug the monitor into the jack for the onboard video instead of the
*card*.  What you have described is exactly what would happen if this
were the case.

I wouldn't mention this except that I did it myself recently ;-)

-troy