2004 Aug 24 17:42

Re: [vox-tech] a few pre-install questions

Re: [vox-tech] a few pre-install questions

> Pity! IMHO, Apples should be doing a lot more to promote the energy
> efficiency of the PowerPC architechture. VIA has created a sucessful niche

I've heard this before, but I wonder if it is still true today.

Are the dual-g5's lower power per performance than other available
options?  If so why does Apple resort to exotic cooling technologies
(water cooling, 4 seperate airflows, dozen temp sensors, etc).

On the embedded side do powerpc's provide better perf per watt than
c3? Transmeta? Strongarm/Xscale?

--
Bill Broadley
Computational Science and Engineering