2004 Aug 23 09:39

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox - Web driving me batty

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox - Web driving me batty

--On Monday, August 23, 2004 08:09:52 AM -0400 Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:

where the text in quotes is a link to the article I want to read.  If
you click the link in Firefox, a new browser window pops up with the
HTML source of the page in question.  In other words, it doesn't render
the HTML -- it displays the HTML.

A similar thing happens in Opera.  An xterm pops up with the HTML
source code when I try to follow the link to the article.
The simplest explanation is that for some reason you received the page with a mime type of text/plain instead of text/html. The link works correctly for me, so maybe they fixed it since you posted, or maybe it has something to do with this proxy you referred to.

Also, Firefox seems to open the page of HTML source in a new browser
window. Aside from the fact that I want it to render the source, I'd
also like it to use another tab within the same window, as opposed to a
completely new browser window.
The link in question isn't a normal href; it launches some javascript which explicitly opens the document in a new window. FF doesn't yet have a feature to convert windows opened from javascript into tabs, unfortunately.

--
Ken Herron