2004 Aug 22 20:04

Re: [vox-tech] Re: my new kernel won't install

On Sun 22 Aug 04,  4:29 PM, Nick Schmalenberger <nschmalenberger@fastmail.fm> said:
> P.S. [OT] Again, and this isn't even peripheral but I really want to
> know, did anybody read my post on vox last Sunday?

I'm sure lots of people read it.   ;)

I hope I don't cramp your style.  I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Comics don't have a place in the LUGOD library.  There is limited space,
and the club has to periodically purge the library to make room for more
relevant, more up to date books.  It's not a good idea to put comic books in
the collection when we have to get rid of Linux/Unix/Programming books.
Honestly, the library would be a much better venue for comics.

As for having a comic book character in our memberlist, I dont' think it's a
good idea.  We have 300+ members, and each of us has his/her own favorite
character.  Why should we put in one character and not the 299 others?  It
sets a bad precedent.

> Also, Ken Bloom told
> me I shouldn't have more than one problem per message, but there are
> five or seven weird little problems with my system that bother me. After
> I get this kernel problem solved, would it be bad list etiquette for me
> to post some or all of these weird little problems in one message?

Not *bad* etiquette, just not particularly good etiquette.  I would tend to
agree with Ken.  If you had two problems that were related, fine.  Otherwise,
it would be best to follow standard mailinglist etiquette.  Ken usually knows
what he's talking about.  I would definitely listen to him.

Pete