2004 Aug 21 08:13

Re: [vox-tech] mutt fails to display message when signatureverification fails

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:00:43PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> On my system, GnuPG has an annoying problem when Mutt invokes it to verify
> PGP-signed messages: if there is an error in the verification, then I do not
> see the message! Example:
>
> 	[-- PGP output follows (current time: Fri 20 Aug 2004 11:51:39 AM PDT) --]
> 	gpg: Signature made Thu 19 Aug 2004 07:18:25 PM PDT using DSA key ID <key ID>
> 	gpg: Good signature from <whoever>
> 	gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
> 	gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> 	owner.
> 	Primary key fingerprint: <fingerprint>
>
> 	[-- End of PGP output --]

> 	[-- END PGP SIGNED MESSAGE --]
>

> I have tried invoking mutt manually on some sample messages ('mutt --verify
> < <messagefile>') but the behavior seems identical whether or not there is a
> trust error. In either case, mutt outputs only its own messages, not the
> actual text of the signed message. But if there are no errors, then mutt
> displays the text of the signed message as it ought.
>
> Mutt is version 1.3.28-2.2 and GnuPG is version 1.2.4-4, both Debian
> packages. I have tried running mutt with standard configuration files (my
> customizations removed) but that had no effect on the GnuPG problem.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion?

Upgrade to unstable? I'm running mutt and gpg from sid, and I saw the
exact same thing signature thing on your message that you've been
seeing on other people's mesages, but I also saw the body of your
message.

What commands is mutt set to use for GPG stuff in .muttrc and
/etc/Muttrc?

My key was last signed 08/18/2004. If you use GPG *please* see me about