2004 Aug 20 12:13

[vox-tech] mutt fails to display message when signatureverification fails

[vox-tech] mutt fails to display message when signatureverification fails

On my system, GnuPG has an annoying problem when Mutt invokes it to verify
PGP-signed messages: if there is an error in the verification, then I do not
see the message! Example:

	[-- PGP output follows (current time: Fri 20 Aug 2004 11:51:39 AM PDT) --]
	gpg: Signature made Thu 19 Aug 2004 07:18:25 PM PDT using DSA key ID <key ID>
	gpg: Good signature from <whoever>
	gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
	owner.
	Primary key fingerprint: <fingerprint>

	[-- End of PGP output --]

	[-- END PGP SIGNED MESSAGE --]

I have tried invoking mutt manually on some sample messages ('mutt --verify
< <messagefile>') but the behavior seems identical whether or not there is a
trust error. In either case, mutt outputs only its own messages, not the
actual text of the signed message. But if there are no errors, then mutt
displays the text of the signed message as it ought.

Mutt is version 1.3.28-2.2 and GnuPG is version 1.2.4-4, both Debian
packages. I have tried running mutt with standard configuration files (my
customizations removed) but that had no effect on the GnuPG problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

--
Henry House