2004 Aug 18 14:07

[vox-tech] Linux skills supposedly a hot commodity

[vox-tech] Linux skills supposedly a hot commodity

I think this article is exaggerated, but it's nice to see anyway.

Norm

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N2537.internet.com/B1417960;sz=160x600;o
rd=1311697052?

Linux Skills in High Demand as IT Jobs Pick Up
August 11, 2004
By Sharon Gaudin

Linux skills are a hot commodity today.

More  employers  are  looking to hire people with Linux experience and
skills  than another skill sets, according to numbers from Dice.com, a
major job board for technical professionals.

Scot  Melland,  CEO  and  president of Dice, reports that while IT job
listings  on his site have doubled in the past 12 months, job listings
calling  for  Linux skills have gone up 190 percent. At this time last
[see above URL for the rest of the article]