2004 Aug 13 19:27

Re: [vox-tech] LAN pcmcia card is inaccessable in socket 1

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, David Hummel wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:50:52AM -0700, Chris Jenks wrote:
> >
> > I'm still struggling to get my Thinkpad 701C (24 MB ram) set up as a
> > router. It now boots with the vanilla kernel 2.6.7 from the Debian
> > testing sources, but the second ethernet card (in pcmcia socket 1) is
> > not accessible.
> [snip]
> > doesn't match the ones in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
> > include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
> > include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff
> > include memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff
>
> What does the "include port" line look like?
>
> On my Debian Dell laptops, I had to change:
>
> include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
>
> to:
>
> include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
>
> or else the system would hang when starting cardmgr.  Not sure if this
> applies to your situation.  I haven't taken the time to investigate why
> this is necessary.

I have these same include port lines in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, i.e.:

include port 0x100-0x4ff
include port 0x800-0x8ff
include port 0xc00-0xcff

I'll see tonight whether removing the middle line helps. BTW, when I tried
the 2.4.26 kernel, cardmgr caused a kernel panic when starting, but I
didn't resolve the problem except by not using the 2.4 kernel.

  Yours,

    Chris