2004 Aug 13 11:17

Re: [vox-tech] LAN pcmcia card is inaccessable in socket 1

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:50:52AM -0700, Chris Jenks wrote:

> I'm still struggling to get my Thinkpad 701C (24 MB ram) set up as a
> router. It now boots with the vanilla kernel 2.6.7 from the Debian
> testing sources, but the second ethernet card (in pcmcia socket 1) is
> not accessible.

[snip]

> doesn't match the ones in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
> include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
> include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff
> include memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff

What does the "include port" line look like?

On my Debian Dell laptops, I had to change:

include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

to:

include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

or else the system would hang when starting cardmgr.  Not sure if this
applies to your situation.  I haven't taken the time to investigate why
this is necessary.

-David