2004 Aug 13 06:19

Re: [vox-tech] eth0 troubles

Rod Roark wrote:
On Thursday 12 August 2004 03:04 pm, Karalius, Joseph wrote:

A 'close' visual inspection of the terminals and ports did not reveal any
bent or broken pins.

Then I would guess the adapter or its connector is broken
internally.  The lack of any LED activity seems pretty
conclusive to me.  Perhaps you can plug in a PCI NIC?

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/
Another $.02 worth.
Because my background is electronics repair, I would have suspected hardware much earlier. There is a level shifter chip electrically between the onboard ethernet chips and the outside world that could have been zapped (static discharge when plugging ethernet cables) that would have acted just like a bad cable, connector, etc. Plugging in a *known good* card would (will) eliminate a lot of possible malfunctions.

And now I'm waiting for Joseph to get back from frys. Can Joe fix the problem and save the world. Wait for the next exciting installment:-)

Paul