2004 Aug 10 17:16

Re: [vox-tech] SSH question

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:02:07PM -0700, Matthew Lange wrote:
> Wow...apologies for the bad posting...just my newbie-ness shining
> through, I guess.  Really, I had no idea.

Heh - No prob.

> I always did wonder what mutt was for...just haven't had time to
> research it.

It's a really nice mail client. :^)  You should check it out.
Hell, we should make Mike Simons (or someone) do an overview talk about it!

Hmm!!!

<snip>
> For you gurus, this may seem like a trivial point...but for folks like
> me who are "able but unaware", some sort of linux 'product' dictionary
> would be helpful.  Does anyone know of any online resource?  Perhaps
> LUGOD should have it's own...

Wikipedia might be useful.  Heck, I didn't realize "Instant Messenger"
was a trademark, not just a computer term.  I poked over at Wikipedia
and read all about it. :)

> It'd also be cool to have a utility that skimmed the emails as they came
> into the LUGOD list, and turned the names of these 'products' into
> hyperlinks to the dictionary?
>
> What do you all think...would something like this be useful?

Not a bad idea.  Not the easiest to implement, but might be worth
looking into.  (Our lists have other problems which have yet to be
dealt with, though :^( )