2004 Aug 10 14:47

[vox-tech] SSH question

Hi all,

I'm helping a friend back-up his files on his RH 8 machine.  I'm trying
to SSH in, but getting denied.  I tried using the RH GUI to adjust the
firewall settings to allow incoming SSH sessions, but after they appear
to set, they then revert to the most restrictive settings (disallowing
all).

Unfortunately, I can't remember the config file(s) that I need to adjust
manually to allow SSH access, can anyone help?

It's just a vanilla install--btw, we are backing up so that we can move
to a Debian install.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Matthew Lange