2004 Aug 09 22:09

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

--- mrp <mrp@sonic.net> wrote:
[...]

> Hmm... I don't know if mine does this right now, but
> let me suggest a
> different usage mode that may make thing much
> faster.  I know you
> said that opening the link in a new tab isn't any
> better, but I wonder
> why?
>
> When I'm sorting through a long list of items that I
> may be interested in.
> I scroll down the list, and every time I see an item
> I'm interested in,
> I right-click on it and select "open in tab".  When
> I get to the bottom of
> the page I click on the "next page" link, and then
> go to looking through
> the tabs I have selected from this page (closing
> each with ctrl/cmd/alt-W
> when finished) and while I'm sorting through these
> items, the next page
> of the list loads.  To make this really effective, I
> uncheck "Select
> new tabs when opening from link" in the preferences,
> and then I don't
> actually have to deal with the new tabs until I'm
> done with the list.

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the alternate approach.  It is a little
different that we had tried, ie, finishing the first
page before checking links.

I'll try that approach with my friend.

[...]

> I know this doesn't really answer your question, but
> IMHO, tabbed browsing
> is reason enough to switch away from IE to
> Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox/Safari.
> On those rare occasions when I have to use IE, I
> really miss it.

I've been pushing FF on the basis of fewer/less severe
security problems.  One less zombie is a good thing.

I appreciate your different point of view.

Thanks,
Jim