2004 Aug 09 17:58

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:10:15PM -0700, Jim
> Angstadt wrote:
> > With FF he is returned to the *top* of the first
> page.
> >  With IE he is returned to the *current* item of
> > interest.
>
> I could not replicate this with a quick Google
> search
> using Moz 1.6 on XP.

Me either.

> Perhaps the search result page is 'expiring', so
> whenever you go back,
> it has to reload the content, and that causes it to
> scroll back to the
> top.  (Whereas on Google, the results page doesn't
> need to be reloaded,
> so when I hit 'Back', the page was at the same
> position (scroll-wise) as
> before I clicked a link.)

If that were the case, then IE should return to top
also.  IE returns to *current*.

> *shrug*
>

> > This slows him down a lot.  Opening the item link
> in a
> > new tab is not any better.
>
> How so?

We played with it a little.  It took about the same
time to start and close tabs as it did to scroll from
top to current.  Which, I must admit, surprised me.

> Good luck!

Thanks.

Jim