2004 Aug 13 17:07

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

--On Monday, August 09, 2004 17:10:15 -0700 Jim Angstadt <jimajima9@yahoo.com> wrote:

Open Ebay and select search.  Key in a search term
such as "seth thomas clock" and click on the search
button.  This results in about 390 hits, or 8 pages of
50 items per page.

On the first page of hits, he makes his way down thru
the items, clicking on those that interest him.  He
typically does a quick check of the item, and then
hits the back button to return to the first page.

With FF he is returned to the *top* of the first page.
 With IE he is returned to the *current* item of
interest.
I tried this just now with mozilla (a copy I compiled from source over the weekend) and it worked fine. After clicking on an individual auction and clicking back, mozilla returned to the auction list page and positioned the view to the correct part of the page.

Note that mozilla displays the beginning of the page while the page is being reloaded; after this is done, it scrolls the page to the part that should be visible. Maybe your friend isn't waiting long enough?

This slows him down a lot.  Opening the item link in a
new tab is not any better.
Opening a link in a tab doesn't make the original page scroll, so I presume you mean your friend just doesn't like tabbed browsing for some reason. I find that surprising; it seems to me that tabbed browsing, with links loading in the background, is perfect for what he's doing. What is it that he doesn't like?

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kenneth.Herron@mci.com v658-5894 916-569-5894