2004 Aug 08 19:10

Re: [vox-tech] looking to buy some new hardware

Re: [vox-tech] looking to buy some new hardware

På söndag, 08 augusti 2004, skrev dylan:
[...]
> any input on hardware / hardware sources / prices would be greatly
> appreciated!!

I realize that you want to build your own, but have you considered going with a
Mac G5? The G5 has similar performance to current Xeons (despite its lower Mhz)
and has a fraction of the power consumption. It is also 64-bit and offers the
potential for problem-specific optimizations using the Altivec unit. In my
experience, overheating is the number one issue that damages the stability of
owner-build systems.  (Lower power bills are good :-). )

Example (found on pricewatch.com):

  |     |                      |                        |[16]Computech International  |
  |     |                      |                        |(CTI)                        |
  |     |[13]Apple - M9455LL/A |Total - $2445           |Feedback - [17](0 Feedbacks) |
  |     |Details:              |                        |888-284-4685                 |
  |     |[New Model] POWERMAC  |Price - $2445           |516-487-0101 Great Neck NY   |
  |     |G5 Dual 2GHz 512MB    |Shipping -              |[18]Info ...                 |
  |     |160GB---              |FREE GROUND             |Established in 1995. We are  |
  |     |Part - M9455LL/A      |[14][ Buy Now! ]        |authorized reseller of       |
  |     |Updated - 8/6/2004    |[15]Save This Ad        |Seagate and Apple. Govt/Edu  |
  |     |3:30 PM               |                        |Discount: GS-35F-0186P Email:|
  |     |                      |                        |sales@cti-intl.com Customer  |
  |     |                      |                        |Service: 888-284-4685        |

--
Henry House