2004 Aug 08 13:39

Re: [vox-tech] Lilo Bye Ta-ta

On Sunday 08 August 2004 07:28 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Are there any *real* benefits of using grub in lieu of lilo?
>
> I don't consider not having to run /sbin/lilo to install a new kernel a
> real benefit.

My general understanding is that grub has "many more features"
but is much bigger than lilo.  But, how many features does a
boot loader need?  Either it boots or it does not.  ;-)

I'm like you - still using lilo, because I already know how
to use it and it does everything I want it to do.  Why learn
a whole new way of doing things if there's no payoff?

-- Rod