2004 Aug 06 09:22

Re: [vox-tech] Losing keyboard and mouse between boots

On Thu 05 Aug 04, 10:00 PM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Thursday 05 August 2004 09:32 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > They're both hooked up to ps/2.
>
> A bit of googling turns up many varied and interesting
> reports on this board, but nothing I can see precisely about
> your problem.  I get the sense that ABit is debugging the
> thing as they sell it.

You know, this might actually be a pretty good description of reality.

The keyboard is strictly ps/2.  The mouse is the gamer's "Boomslang
Razor".  It's USB, but I had got a USB<->ps/2 converter on it, and have
been using it on the ps/2 port.

I just took the connector off and plugged the mouse into the USB port.

I've now rebooted MS Win2k 4 times without losing the mouse and
keyboard.

Whatever is happening only seems to happen when the mouse and keyboard
are both ps/2.  A BIOS bug is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Pete