January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 06 10:42

[vox-tech] Losing keyboard and mouse between boots

[vox-tech] Losing keyboard and mouse between boots

Hi all,

Just got a new Abit NF7-S for a Linux/Win2k dualboot.  The problem is
that between boots, I lose the keyboard and mouse.  They totally don't
work.  It's like they're not even plugged in.  In other words, at first
they work fine, then I reboot the system, then they stop working when
the system comes back up (can't even get into BIOS when this happens).

The problem happens when I either:

1. Reboot from Linux or Windows

or

2. Shut the system down from either OS and then press the front "on"
button to boot back up.

There are two ways to get my mouse and keyboard working again (or
prevent the problem from happening at all):

1. Shut the system down from either OS
2. Turn the switch on the back of the power supply off.
3. Turn the switch on the back of the power supply back on.
4. Turn the computer on with the front on/off switch.

(I'm assuming unplugging the PSU will also work, but I haven't tried it
yet).

or:

1. Shut the system down from either OS.
2. Momentarily unplug the keyboard/mouse, then plug them back in
3. Turn the computer back on.

This is really inconvenient -- is there a way to fix this problem?  I
really don't want to reach behind my computer to turn the PSU off and on
everytime I reboot the computer.

Thanks!
Pete