2004 Jul 29 16:35

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox and MSN

Are you sure she _can't_ sign in? When I go to msn.com (with firefox), I see a link labeld "sign in". Clicking there brings me to a webpage with a place for username and password. Maybe this is what she needs to do to login, whereas with IE it did it automatically?

Jonathan

Robert G. Scofield wrote:
I gave a friend some LUGOD-inspired advice to switch her browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox. She is trying to, but there's a catch. Her ISP is MSN. When she connects to MSN with Internet Explorer she gets the membership webpage which allows her to do things like check e-mail, etc. But when she connects to MSN with Firefox she gets the same webpage that any of us non-members would get. So it's almost like you can't be a member of MSN without using Internet Explorer.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I realize that this is not the best list to ask about how to connect to MSN, but does anyone have an idea of what we can do to get Firefox to connect to MSN in such a way as to give her a membership webpage?

Thank you.

Bob