2004 Jul 25 21:58

Re: [vox-tech] On my boxes,Windows is outperforming Debian in network speed

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 12:24:00AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Don't put 127.0.0.1 as any of the name servers.

Why not?  I have bind installed, and it gives me a big speedup on
name lookups when I put the line in my resolv.conf.  At least it does
now...  I don't know what was going wrong before.

It would be nice if the resolv.conf didn't keep getting overwritten
without a mention of my local nameserver.  I just uncommented this line
in /etc/dhclient.conf, which should do it:

    prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

Issac

--
Issac Trotts