2004 Jul 23 20:41

Re: [vox-tech] Debian configuration: X and modem and zip]

Re: [vox-tech] Debian configuration: X and modem and zip]

01:05.0 Communication controller: Conexant: Unknown device 2f20 Subsystem: Conexant: Unknown device 200f Flags: bus master, medium
devsel, latency 64, IRQ 3 Memory at fe9f0000 (32-bit,
non-prefetchable) I/O ports at dff8 Capabilities: [40] Power
Management version 2

Almost certainly some sort of built-in winmodem chipset.  (That's
what Conexant is best known for.)  Looking up the PCI ID, one finds
that it's a Conexant (formerly Rockwell) HSF winmodem.  Hmm!  That
makes one wonder:

You were saying your "Telephony" internal PCI modem isn't a winmodem,
 yet I don't see it as a separate item in your lspci listings -- so
maybe the above is it, and it _is_ a winmodem.

FWIW, I have a Conexant winmodem in my laptop and previously had it
working in linux.  That was before we got DSL.  I used the drivers from
here:

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/

It used to be free, but now they charge for the "full" (56k) version.

Jonathan