2004 Jul 21 23:41

[vox-tech] X crash, Mozilla

list,
Sometimes when I switch from a text virtual console to X the computer
will freeze It will respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del. Other times, the screen
will just be darker than usual, but I can still do things. I lost some
data last night and again today because of the freezes. Once today X
just crashed back to the text console where I started it, and so I
restarted X. What can I do to make X more stable? Twm is my window
manager if that is important. The only bad thing I can see in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log is:
PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
Since X seemed to work anyway, I'm not sure that is important. (BTW, I
had to type that in by hand because I don't know how to copy text
between windows in X. Is twm just not capable of that?).

Secondly, in Mozilla when I am going up or down in a page or backspacing
in a form, Mozilla will keep going for a while after I let off the key
if I had been holding for a while. I imagine this is because the
interrupts have sort of piled up because they are being processed by
Mozilla slower than the key is sending them. Dillo and less do not do
this. Why is this and what can I do about it?
Thanks very much.
Nick Schmalenberger