2004 Jul 21 12:41

Re: [vox-tech] PPP problems;need help over phone or housecall (Sacramento)

On Wed 21 Jul 04,  9:30 AM, Dave Margolis <margolid@ecs.csus.edu> said:
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> >I'm confused about something.  Bill said she couldn't post a request for
> >help because she doesn't have net connectivity.  But if she has Windows
> >on her hard drive, doesn't she have net connectivity?
> >

> It's my understanding that her "dos" partition is literally that...an MS
> DOS installation.

word!!!  i hope this isn't like a PIII or a PIV...   ;-)

back in the day, when "modem autoconfiguration" meant making a symlink
to /dev/modem, i wrote a ppp configurator for our installfests.  it was
meant specifically for ucd students, but could be adapted for a
different ISP.  used chat scripts.  it was REALLY easy to use.

i don't have it anymore --- it's long, long gone.   maybe someone here
might have a copy of that?  it was such a long time ago....

pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.