2004 Jul 19 00:20

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Now I have a virus. Argh!!!!!

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 03:40:57PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> as for reinstalling, thanks but no thanks.  ;)

I would strongly urge a reinstall in this case.  In any case where a
system was compromised or even suspected to be compromised, and you
cannot(by use of digital signatures or other similar means) verify
the integrity of the system, then you should reinstall, repatch, and
reload the data from backup.  For your home system, all that you have
to worry about is someone stealing some personal data, and possible
oddness of the system.  But I would still urge a reinstall, and that
goes for any OS, whether it be windows or unix based.