2004 Jul 16 12:12

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 2, Issue 14

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 2, Issue 14

list,
I wondered at first too how I was going to edit a file in a binary file,
in  a bin directory, and I soon found out that it was a wrapper as Ryan
says. So, with vi!
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # $Id: dhclient.sh,v 1.1.1.1.2.1 2002/02/11 03:44:26 eparis Exp $
> #
>
> # dhclient.sh - a front end shell script that calls dhclient-2.2.x
> #       or dhclient-2.0.x depending on the kernel that is currently
> #       running.
>
> #       Which version
> case `uname -r` in
> 1.*)
>         # Give me a break...
>         echo "DHCP requires a 2.x series kernel"
>         exit 255
>         ;;
>
> 2.0.*)
>         # 2.0 uses the paramters as passed to us.  Just exec the real
>         McCoy.
>         exec /sbin/dhclient-2.0.x -q "$@"
>         ;;
> 2.[12345].*)
>         exec /sbin/dhclient-2.2.x -q "$@"
>         ;;
If dhclient-2.0.x corresponds to 2.0 kernels then does dhclient-2.2.x
correspond to 2.2 kernels? Has dhclient not been updated since 2.2 and
is the [12345](now with a 6 too) just a hack in the wrapper? It says
2002/02/11 in the wrapper also. Could that be my problem?
Nick