2004 Jul 14 10:02

Re: [vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:48:03PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:20:49PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:15:28PM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> > > Really though, you're wasting your time trying to discover and write
> > > these rules yourself. Take the time to set up spamassassin or bogofilter,
> > > and take advantage of the work other people have already done.
> >
> > My ISP (Sonic.net) has SpamAssassin, and it works quite well, but these
> > ones seem to be getting through.  Others (not just SA users on Sonic)
> > have noticed these ones, in particular, as well, lately.
> >
> > So I guess I should just email Sonic and ask them to filter them via SA,
> > if possible.
>
> Try training Spamassassin's bayenesian filter.

Unfortunately, Sonic users don't have the capability to train Spamassassin.
Sonic continues to work on a system that will scale to many thousands of
users, but in the mean time, they've fallen behind in the spam munitions
war.  They've wisely decided that a shared bayesion database for all
users is a bad idea.

I finally got irritated enough to forward my sonic email to a server under my
control.  I should have done that a long time ago!

Bill, did you see the new member tools that give you some control over
the RBL's that will be used to process your mail?

-troy