2004 Jul 11 20:42

Re: [vox-tech] BTTV Problems with multiple cards

--- "Mark K. Kim" <lugod@cbreak.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> > The other issue is the IO ports.
> [snip]
> >    Region 0: Memory at f46fe000 (32-bit,
> prefetchable) [size=4K]
>
> Oops, that's a memory map, not IO port.  Two
> different things (from
> software standpoint ^.^), but doesn't change what
> Hans has to do.
>
> "Region N" lists the memory maps as well as the IO
> ports, and none of them
> can conflict so just look for any conflicts, either
> memory map or IO port,
> and make sure none of them overlap.
>
> Here is what I mean by overlap: In the above
> example, my BT878 is using
> the memory range from f46fe000 to f46fefff.  You can
> plainly see that the
> memory range starts at f46fe000, and since the
> memory range size is 4K (it
> says [size=4K]), f46fe000 + 4K = f46ff000, so it's
> using up the memory
> range from f46fe000 (inclusive) to f46ff000
> (exclusive).  So if you had
> another device that was using memory somewhere in
> that range, like
> f46fe800, then you got a conflict.
>
> Hew.  Hope that helps.  Or at least doesn't confuse
> anyone.

Doesent confuse and see my other email but it looks
like the line up perfectly one after another without
overlap

> -Mark
>

> --
> Mark K. Kim
> AIM: markus kimius
> Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
> Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci
> Friendster:
> http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=13046
> PGP key fingerprint: 7324 BACA 53AD E504 A76E  5167
> 6822 94F0 F298 5DCE
> PGP key available on the homepage

=====
Hans W. Uhlig
deathguard@yahoo.com
http://purple.worldforge.org/~huhlig
"Life is a Long and lonely road, Bring a friend"

GPG Fingerprint : 2470 6619 6156 9A0E 577E E7B1 D2BB C9BA 07C0 C7BF
GPG Public key  : http://purple.worldforge.org/~huhlig/deathguard.asc