2004 Jul 02 11:18

Re: [vox-tech] bandwidth question - choking http to give more to ssh

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:11:33AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:55:55AM -0700, Gabriel Rosa wrote:
> > The WRT54g with enhanced firmware can do full blown QoS. The default firmware
> > does some, but not all that great.
>
> That sounds cool.  But, uh... isn't that this one?
>
>   (From early last month...)
>   http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/03/0337205&mode=nocomment
>
>   "...you can still remotely access it through ports 80 and 443.
>   Linksys sets the HTTP username to nothing and password to 'admin'
>   on all of its devices by default."
>
> Was that ever dealt with? :^)

Ya, that's the one. I imagine this is with the default firmware, not the uber
linux firmware. I think Bill Broadley has a wrt54g running the uber firmware,
he can probably fill in more details.

Besides, the single brain-cell fix is to change the default password.

-Gabe