2004 Jun 29 21:24

[vox-tech] Canonical collection of kernel compile error codes?

[vox-tech] Canonical collection of kernel compile error codes?

Hi all;

I tried my first un-supervised kernel compile (at least my first one that
did more than bomb out after 15 seconds of scrolling.)

I'm working with 2.4.26 kernel source -- patched up from 2.4.20, because I
have to keep existing Win4Lin patches.  I ran each patch, and then ran 'make
oldconfig' each time to apply the new changes and bring my config file
forward into the next patch.  Then ran the compile and went to sleep (cause
on an AMD K6-2, the compile probably takes all night).

The compile bombed out at the point listed below.

My questions:
 a) Any suggestions, from the errors listed below, of what I did wrong?
 b) Is there a site listing kernel compile error codes, with suggestions on
how to fix things?  I've searched on google, trying to find the error, and
turned up nothing.

Thanks!

_____cut/paste_____
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-tr
igraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpr
eferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=k6   -nostdinc -iwithprefix
include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=swap  -c -o swap.o swap.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-tr
igraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpr
eferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=k6   -nostdinc -iwithprefix
include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=vmscan  -c -o vmscan.o vmscan.c
vmscan.c: In function `swap_out':
vmscan.c:339: error: `priority' undeclared (first use in this function)
vmscan.c:339: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vmscan.c:339: error: for each function it appears in.)
vmscan.c:339: error: `gfp_mask' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [vmscan.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/src/linux/mm'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/src/linux/mm'
make[1]: *** [_dir_mm] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/src/linux'
make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2
minerva:/usr/src# ls
_____end cut/paste_____