2004 Jun 25 09:33

[vox-tech] Lazy Mouse

Hi,

Running Debian "woody" and Linux-2.4.18 on a P4 with X-11 and a PS2 mouse.

whenever there is heavy disk activity like compiling the mouse tends to hang
up and work intermittent until all disk activity ceases.

Is it a driver problem, X-11 config issue, linux build issue, or some
swap/buffer settings? It's like the mouse events are ignored or just queued
until the disc accesses complete. Other than that the mouse works just fine
in all the console and xterm windows and games.

Thanks
John W.