2004 Jun 24 10:13

[vox-tech] USB Mouse Issues on new SuSE installation

[vox-tech] USB Mouse Issues on new SuSE installation

Last night I sat down and started trying to install SuSE Pro 9.1 on my
computer.  I encoutered a weird issue with my USB cordless mouse, and I
don't know if it's an issue with the 2.6 kernel or with SuSE itself.

During the initial stages of the installation, the mouse was detected
normally and worked just fine.  However, once the base system was
installed, and I rebooted the computer to complete the installation
process, the mouse was no longer detected or usable, and I ended up having
to use the keyboard to complete the installation.

Even after the installation was complete, the mouse was unavailable.  I
tried using YaST to update the mouse configuration, but that didn't work;
I even tried selecting every single mouse model in the list, but none
worked.  I viewed the system logs, but can't see anything that seems to be
a problem.

This same mouse works fine on the same computer under Fedora Core 1 and
earlier versions of Red Hat, and there are no other USB devices connected
to the computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Sláinte,