2004 Jun 19 12:09

Re: [vox-tech] bayes problem

milver,

do a google search on:

   spam assassin cannot write root bayes

and look at the first item returned by google.  does that help any?

also, you really shouldn't be receiving mail to root.   one of the
many reasons why linux users don't have to worry about viruses is
because we normally don't do stuff like that.  use root for rootly
things, and reading mail isn't rootly.

i don't use SA's bayesian filter, but my guess is that SA is trying to
do the right thing, but is being flumoxed because you keep creating a
file owned by root that isn't world writable (your MTA prolly isn't
running as root).  just a guess.

hth,
pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.