2004 Jun 22 00:06

[vox-tech] Anyone running a mail server on a dynamic IP?

[vox-tech] Anyone running a mail server on a dynamic IP?

Seems like most of the spam that I (and thus LUGOD) are not
successfully filtering out these days is from dynamic IPs -
dialup, cable modem, and dynamic DSL.

So I'm wondering if it's reasonable to refuse mail from
servers that connect directly from a dynamic IP.  Is anyone
here running such a server?  And if you are, are you finding
that many sites are refusing your mail?

Please reply off-list unless you think that what you have to
say is of general interest.  Also if you're not sure if your
IP is considered dynamic, you can check it at
"http://www.dnsbl.us.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=";.

Thanks,

-- Rod